M.Ed - Educational Psychology
Instructional Design & Educational Technology
Welcome to the most prestigious University preparation simulation in Salt Lake City. Follow the steps below to begin your life after high school. Good luck to you in your journey!
I am a multidisciplinary educator with over 20 years of experience. I strive to be innovative, collaborative, self-motivated and empathetic. Leadership, mentoring, facilitation, design, partnership and community engagement are all in my tool belt. My formative years were spent in Latin America, providing me with a global perspective, though I have a strong local focus.
My objective is to create cutting edge, immersive educational technology experiences and learning tools. I enjoy utilizing my B.S. in Developmental Psychology, and my M.Ed. in Instructional Design to build hybrid environments. While I specialize in adolescents, I am well versed in adult learning, as well as early childhood. As I look toward a future driven by the exponential growth of technology, I see learning environments equipped with VR, AR, and techniques designed with today’s learner in mind.
I look forward to joining you in a brainstorm.
Program Emphasis - Preparing students to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate technology-based instruction for educational contexts. The theoretical issues associated with technology-supported instruction and the applications of technology to support best-teaching practices.
Program Emphasis - The study of how people change across multiple psychological domains from infancy throughout their lifespan. Specializing in adolescent development and autism.
Community Program Manager
Leadership & Management
· 15 – years as a supervisor, mentor, advocate, advisor, colleague & cheer leader.
· SLRN – Salt Lake Regional Network Staffing Subcommittee (Chair) & Advisory Board.
· 10 – former employees are now educational managers.
Group Facilitation & Training
· 90 – Participants served annually; 1200+ total
· Plan & facilitate bi-annual staff training; Presenter at state-wide Jumpstart & Recharge conference.
· Created animated orientation video, van training, snack training, staff training.
Content Creation & Curriculum Design
· 200+ – Educational experiences developed, designed & implemented.
· Developed and produced YouthCity TV, CityVille, YouthCity University, & Futurama programs.
· Implementation of virtual & augmented reality, streaming, Breakout EDU.
Partnership & Community Engagement
· Manage, maintain and support multiple community partnerships.
· Plan, market, coordinate and M.C. numerous community events and activities.
· Chair of the Liberty Park Partners community committee.
I was born in Salt Lake City. I'm the oldest of 5.
Grew an affinity for sports, and a love of the Denver Broncos.
Chiquita Banana moved our family south of the equator. Hablo español.
Roatán is gorgeous when you're 16. Honduras was integral in my beginnings as a musician.
I graduated from Tooele High School in 1996. Went to the University of Utah at the age of 18. I wasn't ready. I worked entry level jobs, and looked for a path. I eventually stumbled into afterschool programming, Autism intervention and Adolescent Development.
Julian & Olivia